Category: Nottingham forest

  • Forest is interested in Bulut, a Schalke youth.

    Forest is interested in Bulut, a Schalke youth.

    As the transfer deadline draws near, Nottingham Forest is still interested in teenage defender Taylan Bulut.

    Earlier this month, the Schalke teenager was first linked to the Reds.

    They have been authorized to pursue him, according to Bild, with the deadline of February 3 approaching.

    In an effort to bolster Nuno Espirito Santo’s team, Forest is after Bulut, while Bournemouth is also keen.

    Bulut, valued at €2M, might be a steal because Schalke has to generate money fast.

     

  • Gimenez ignores Forest and waits for Milan: “Wow.”

    Gimenez ignores Forest and waits for Milan: “Wow.”

    Santiago Gimenez admits he was excited when Milan called him last summer, but Feyenoord didn’t accept the Rossoneri’s offer, which was below Nottingham Forest’s.

    Mexico international Gimenez is pushing to move to Milan this month, and multiple reports in Italy claim he has already reached an agreement with the Rossoneri.

    However, his club, Feyenoord, are reluctant to sell in the current transfer window, so talks between the two clubs are still ongoing.

    Feyenoord were unconvinced about the idea, so they asked me what I wanted to do. Other clubs said they would send offers.

    I could go to Nottingham, but then I’d have missed a chance to join another club. Therefore, I decided to wait and see what happened.

    “However, nothing happened in the following days.

    I was convinced the right moment to leave Feyenoord had come because I had won almost everything with the club.

    “On the last day [of the summer transfer window], Milan put on the table half than Nottingham had offered, and the club said no.

    I understood the club, and I had to stay. It would have been a great opportunity, and I know other chances will come, but when the Rossoneri called me, I thought, ‘wow.’”

    Milan had a second opening bid rejected in the January transfer window.

    According to Italian sources, it was close to €30m, but media in Mexico and the Netherlands claim the proposal was €20m plus a 10 per cent cut of his future sale.

    Feyenoord have reportedly put a €40m price tag on Gimenez.

    The 23-year-old has scored 15 goals in 18 appearances this season.

    He is a Mexico international, but would not fill a spot for non-EU players at San Siro having an Italian passport.

  • Man City signing No 4 moves closer as Juventus star ‘wants transfer’; Nott’m Forest enter race

    Man City signing No 4 moves closer as Juventus star ‘wants transfer’; Nott’m Forest enter race

    Manchester City are edging closer to the signing of Juventus star Douglas Luiz as the Brazilian ‘wants’ the transfer, though Nottingham Forest have reportedly entered the frame. Man City are on the lookout for a new defensive midfielder who can help them in the second half of the season until Rodri recovers from his ACL injury.

    City have not been their usual imperious selves without Rodri, having fallen out of the Premier League title race and also put themselves at risk of being knocked out of the Champions League.

    Even while Mateo Kovacic and Bernardo Silva are extremely skilled midfielders, they are unable to offer the City defense the same level of protection that Rodri does.

    City is considering a deal to re-sign Luiz, who might leave Juventus after only six months in Turin, in order to cover this void.

    The 26-year-old Luiz “wants a transfer” return to the Etihad, according to Brazilian site Bolavip, which has encouraged City to sign him.

    City officials now have the task of negotiating an agreement with their Juventus counterparts.

    Negotiations will undoubtedly be necessary because City wants a direct loan while Juventus wants a sale or a loan with a buyout clause.

    In a surprising turn of events, Pep Guardiola’s team will have to keep an eye out for Forest, a Premier League powerhouse, in this specific transfer window.

    According to the article, Luiz is also amenable to moving to the City Ground after being wowed by Forest’s incredible play under Nuno Espirito Santo.

    Furthermore, it is said that Forest is “willing to make a large investment” to recruit the Brazil star, indicating that they are more amenable to a long-term deal than City.

  • Kepa: Bournemouth’s outstanding performance in defeating Forest

    Kepa: Bournemouth’s outstanding performance in defeating Forest

    The Spanish goalkeeper made four crucial saves and handled set pieces and crosses with assurance after the team’s 5-0 victory over Nottingham Forest at the Vitality Stadium.

    “It was a very tough game against a strong, very strong opposition,” he told the Daily Echo after the game.

    “And I think we make a brilliant job as a team. We defend as a team, we attack as a team.

    ” “And yeah, we have to give credit to our performance today,” he said.

     

  • Nottingham Forest could make late move to sign £42m midfielder before deadline

    Nottingham Forest could make late move to sign £42m midfielder before deadline

     

    Nottingham Forest appear to be ramping up their efforts to sign new players before the January transfer window slams shut next week.

     

    The Reds are looking at attacking players to bring to the City Ground. Evangelos Marinakis wants the team to be well-stocked in the final third and efforts are being made to bring someone in.

     

    Matheus Cunha has been linked with Forest. Wolves are embroiled in a relegation battle and slipped into the relegation zone at the weekend, making it highly unlikely that they will sanction a sale.

     

    Another Premier League striker is being eyed by Forest too. However, Jamie Redknapp thinks Yoane Wissa could cost the club £40 million and once again that feels like a tricky deal to do.

     

    Although attackers are the order of the day, other players are being looked at before the deadline. One long-term target appears to still be on the radar but Forest won’t find it easy to bring him to the club this month.

     

    Douglas Luiz of Juventus FC during the Serie A match between SSC Napoli and Juventus FC at Stadio Diego Armando Maradona Naples Italy on 25 January…

     

    Nottingham Forest want Douglas Luiz

    It does feel as though the Brazilian is going to be a wanted man during the next week. Luiz only moved to Juventus from Aston Villa in the summer, with the Old Lady paying £42 million to secure his services.

     

    According to the Daily Mail, Forest are waiting in the wings to try and sign Luiz before the transfer deadline. Manchester City hold the aces, however, with Chelsea, Manchester United and Fulham also keen.

     

    Luiz was an absolute revelation at Aston Villa last season. He helped the club achieve a brilliant top-four finish and qualify for the Champions League for the first time in many years.

     

     

    With PSR hanging over most Premier League clubs, however, Villa found themselves needing to sell. With that in mind, Luiz was offloaded with Juventus paying the money to land the Brazilian.

     

    Forest signing Luiz feels like a longshot

    It’s fair to say that Luiz is exactly what Forest could do with in midfield. Not since Ibrahim Sangare got injured back in August have the Reds had a proper midfield enforcer who plays as a number six.

     

    Luiz would do that and the fact that Forest could genuinely qualify for Europe this season might make him choose the Reds over some of the other clubs in the mix to sign him.

     

    The 26-year-old is at a nice age and he would arrive with his best years ahead of him and with that in mind, it would be ideal if Forest could get him tied down to something more permanent rather than a loan.

     

    Forest will be going full pelt for a new attacking player. However, that doesn’t mean other areas won’t be looked at too and if a player like Luiz fancies a move to the City Ground, the signing would be a very attractive one.

     

     

  • Andoni Iraola on the mindset of AFC Bournemouth in their victory over Forest

    Andoni Iraola on the mindset of AFC Bournemouth in their victory over Forest

    Andoni Iraola gave his AFC Bournemouth team credit for their unwavering strategy as they worked hard to defeat Nottingham Forest 5-0 on Saturday.

     

  • Despite being third in the table, Nottingham Forest is 3/1 sixth favorite to finish in the top four, while Bournemouth, a hot team, is 5/1.

    Despite being third in the table, Nottingham Forest is 3/1 sixth favorite to finish in the top four, while Bournemouth, a hot team, is 5/1.

    The competition for the Premier League’s top four is well and truly on – as Manchester City, Newcastle, Chelsea, Bournemouth and Aston Villa are all within just a few points of each other in the table.

    With 41 points as of this writing, City is now in fourth place, behind league leaders Liverpool, Nottingham Forest, and Arsenal. With 41 points (goal differential), City is in fifth place, followed by Newcastle, Chelsea, and Bournemouth.

    At the moment, Chelsea and Bournemouth both have 40 points. Finally, Villa is still within striking distance with 37 points, and because they have won five straight league games, they may pose a threat as the season draws to a close.

    In light of the aforementioned, let’s examine who Sky Bet believes will finish in the top four at the end of the 2024–25 Premier League season.

    The enormous support for Liverpool and Arsenal is hardly surprising.

    Athletics Despite finishing third in the table, Nottingham Forest is 3/1 sixth favorite to finish in the top four, while Bournemouth, a hot team, is favored at 5/1 Ad Feature by Sky Bet. 18 and up Please use caution while you gamble. +2 View gallery, updated at 20:05 GMT on January 27, 2025 Written by Joseph Barclay Nottingham Forest, a scorching team, is 3/1 and the sixth favorite to place in the top four this season. Sky Bet has Bournemouth as a 5/1 outsider.

    To view ALL of the most recent sports betting stories from today, click here.

    The competition for the top four spots in the Premier League is fierce, with Manchester City, Newcastle, Chelsea, Bournemouth, and Aston Villa all within a few points of one another. Promotion As of this writing, City

     

  • It would make sense for Preston North End to target the former Middlesbrough player, but there is a clear transfer conundrum.

    It would make sense for Preston North End to target the former Middlesbrough player, but there is a clear transfer conundrum.

    ANNOUNCEMENT A heart attack kills a soap opera star.

    A beloved actress was discovered dead in a bath. After nine years, the stars abruptly got divorced. A football player passes away during a game. At 54, a star passes away from carbon monoxide.

    A 24-year-old TV star’s daughter died A heart attack kills a soap opera star.

    A beloved actress was discovered dead in a bath. After nine years, the stars abruptly got divorced.

    A football player passes away during a game. At 54, a star passes away from carbon monoxide. TV The star’s 24-year-old daughter died North End of Preston It would make sense for Preston North End to target the former Middlesbrough player, but there is a clear transfer conundrum. Written by George Hodgson Published at 18:02 GMT on January 27, 2025 Updated at 18:12 GMT on January 27, 2025 Check out our other videos on ShotsTV.com, Freeview 262, and Freely 565.

    Not only that, but O’Brien is a player Heckingbottom is said to have targeted before – in the summer of 2023 while at Sheffield United.

    The PNE chief has spoken about signing younger players to become assets for Preston but he evidently values experience highly too.

    And with just 17 league games left to play – along with the FA Cup fourth round clash against Wycombe Wanderers – Heckingbottom is going to be after an immediate fix in the engine room.

    It’s something he touched on after securing the deal for Meghoma.

    Given his experiences at the Bees and his character as a player, the North End boss had complete faith that Meghoma could immediately take the Championship stage and contribute, even if the Brentford loan player is only 18 years old and has not yet been tested at the level.

     

     

  • Nottingham Forest submit late bid to sign £25m striker and now get reply

    Nottingham Forest submit late bid to sign £25m striker and now get reply

    It could be a busy end to the transfer window for Espirito Santo’s Reds, as they possibly look to strengthen their squad in the hope it helps them secure a top-four Premier League spot.

    Forest are firmly in the race to finish in a European spot for next season, but Saturday’s 5-0 defeat to AFC Bournemouth will have been a disappointing pill to swallow, and Nuno will be praying it doesn’t derail their campaign.

    One player the Reds could be looking to sign in what remains of this transfer window is Matheus Cunha from Wolves.

    It’s been reported that Forest are leading the race to sign Cunha, and that is despite teams such as Arsenal and Chelsea also being keen on his services.

     

    A recent report from Spain suggests that talks between Forest and Cunha have already been held, and the negotiations are “progressing quickly,” with the forward willing to join the project at the City Ground.

    This comes after it was claimed that Forest had submitted a £22 million bid to sign Yoanne Wissa from Brentford.

    Wissa has been in tremendous form for Brentford this season, and the Reds were looking into the idea of bringing him to the City Ground, but their offer was immediately rejected by the Premier League side.

     

  • Despite being thrashed by Bournemouth, Nottingham Forest is still on course for an unforgettable season.

    Despite being thrashed by Bournemouth, Nottingham Forest is still on course for an unforgettable season.

    So far this season, Nottingham Forest has been among the Premier League’s most impressive teams. Despite nearly escaping relegation the previous season, this is the case.

    Even though Nottingham Forest’s 5-0 loss to Bournemouth on Saturday was their worst English Premier League loss in more than two years, the season’s surprise package is still on course to qualify for the European competition.

    Nuno Espírito Santo’s team was being hailed as a possible title challenger just a few weeks ago after a 1-1 draw with Liverpool.

    However, given Liverpool’s outstanding play thus far and recent loss to Bournemouth (another surprise package in the 2024–2025 season), it is quite unlikely that Forest will achieve that level of success, at least not this season.

    In any case, Santo’s charges have done better than expected this season. After playing in the lower levels for a few decades, the former English champions and two-time European Champions League winners are now comfortably in third place in the Premier League halfway through their third season in the top division. A surprise parcel The Santo-led squad has already surpassed 40 points, which is typically regarded as the cutoff number for teams aiming to stay out of the relegation zone. Forest scored 38 and 32 points in their two prior seasons in the top division, respectively.

    The English team finished the season barely one spot above the relegation zone thanks to their performance from the previous season.

    Therefore, nobody could have foreseen that the Tricky Trees would end up in such a favorable situation.

    Forest had gone eight games without a loss prior to their loss to Bournemouth.

    With the exception of a one-all tie with Liverpool in mid-January, nearly all of these were wins. Even Arne Slot, the manager of Liverpool, expressed his admiration for the team’s accomplishments since Santo replaced Steve Cooper as head coach in December 2023.